- ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices. Results are already adding up. Americans, with the help of ENERGY STAR, saved enough energy in 2006 alone to avoid greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to those from 25 million cars — all while saving $14 billion on their utility bills. Get tips and tricks on saving energy at www.energystar.gov
- The United States Green Building Council’s site at www.usgbc.org is an excellent resource for builders aiming to build sustainably. The site also details LEED® accredidation and the benchmarks for the design, construction, and operation of high performance green buildings.
- Environmental Protection Agency’s site on Recycling and Waste Management
- Confused about recycling some plastics?
Check out PlasticsResource.com
- Even more confusing is foam packaging! Check out recycling options at The Alliance of Foam Packaging Recyclers
- American Reprographics Company is HQ’d in California, so forgive our promoting BottlesandCans.com
- Advice from the EPA on Recycling at Work
- A one stop shop of green ideas: earth911.org